As an expert trial lawyer with several decades of experience, Gilbert Abramson’s experience is matched by very few. In his distinguished career, Mr. Abramson has:
- Tried to verdict more than 60 jury trials in state and federal courts and begun dozens more which settled post-commencement but pre-verdict.
- Tried to conclusion more than 50 non-jury matters, including dozens of injunctions and estate matters (defense and prosecution of surcharge actions).
- Argued more than 25 cases before the Superior, Supreme and Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania, and before the United States Courts of Appeal for the First, Second, Third and Fourth Circuits.
Mr. Abramson’s areas of expertise include:
Business Arbitration – Litigator & Arbitrator
- Mr. Abramson has tried dozens of business arbitration matters to conclusion, including textile, construction contract, partnership and shareholder disputes, and leasehold disputes.
- He has served as a neutral arbitrator in more than two dozen business arbitration matters.
Attorney to Healthcare Providers
- Mr. Abramson has represented dozens of physicians, pharmacists, dentists, nursing homes and attorneys before various government agencies, before licensing agencies, and in the defense of state and federal criminal prosecutions. He has also represented dozens of physicians and other healthcare professionals in matters involving credentialing and in disputes with hospitals and third-party insurance payors.
- On behalf of physicians and other healthcare professionals, he has appeared before eight different State Boards and in hearings before the Department of Public Welfare, Health and Human Services and the Drug Enforcement Agency.
Insurance Bad Faith
- Mr. Abramson has pursued bad faith cases against insurance companies who have denied payments to their insureds. In this regard, he has had the opportunity to serve as a lecturer, sponsored by the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, and the Insurance Practice Institute.
Lender Liability, FINRA (formerly NASD), Civil Rights and Libel Litigation
- Mr. Abramson has handled a large number of claims on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants in disputes with banks, and has lectured on Defense of Confessions of Judgments and Lender Liability Claims.
- Mr. Abramson has represented clients in libel actions against newspapers and television stations.
- Mr. Abramson has prosecuted and defended RICO actions, both civil and criminal, and has tried cases against brokers and brokerage dealers in securities and commodities fraud claims in both court and arbitration (FINRA/NASD arbitrations), civil rights and employment discrimination claims, medical malpractice, large personal injury cases such as explosions, and has tried to verdict several dozen criminal jury matters, both state and federal.
Mr. Abramson is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit; the United States Court of Claims; the United States Supreme Court; the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Born in Philadelphia, Mr. Abramson received his bachelor’s degree from Temple University and his juris doctor from Villanova University. He resides in Wynnewood with his wife.