Our attorneys assist practitioners navigate the complex and ever-evolving regulations associated with verifying they possess the requisite training, experience, certifications and licenses to administer healthcare services at hospitals, as well as those needed for various review boards and state licensing boards. We also represent the interests of practitioners where they are denied privileges or find their staff privileges subjected to disciplinary or other proceedings.
Among numerous other matters, our lawyers have:
- Represented physicians in disputes with agencies and organizations regarding their board certifications and certification eligibility
- Represented dozens of physicians in disputes with hospitals involving credentialing, re-credentialing, employment agreements, restrictive covenants, contract buy-outs, fair hearings and the like
- Represented physicians, physician’s assistants, nurses, podiatrists and other providers in matters before the State Boards of Medicine, Osteopathy, Nursing, Podiatry and other medical disciplines
- Prevented the termination of hospital physician staff, with no negative updates or consequences with respect to their Practitioner Databank records
- Represented physicians in disputes with the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) and involving the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE)
- Represented providers of medical services in matters before administrative law judges
- Advised clients in more than two dozen hearings before federal, state and administrative agencies, including licensing, DEA participation, Medicare, and Medicaid participation
If you have a medical licensing or hospital credentialing matter, our experienced attorneys stand ready to assist.